Sunday, May 22, 2011

From Vernon, NJ to Oklahoma City, OK

It's been a hell of a two days.  We started off driving eleven (which ended up being thirteen) hours Vernon, NJ to Indianapolis, IN the first day and then another eleven today from Indianapolis, IN to Oklahoma City, OK.  After receiving a ticket for speeding, we decided not to be so time absorbed and just enjoy the scenery.  That only worked for about forty five minutes; (essentially twenty four hours in a car can do that to you).   If you ask me, I feel I've achieved alot in these last two days.  I've learned that when put to the test, I can accomplish just about anything I put my mind to.  I've also learned that I wouldn't have been able to do any of this if it weren't for the friends and family I have supporting me - and joining me on the adventure. 
I'm not in this on my own, I never have been, but I'd also like to think I have an advantage with the independent streak I was blessed with.  If and when I decide to move to Oklahoma I know I can make it work.  I know now that I will have what it takes to get exactly where I always dreamt I'd be.  One day MCOM will be a household name and I will have thousands of people following this blog and wanting to be a part of the charity.  But it's not just about me you know, it's about showing everyone that dreams are possible.  Despite your backround, the darkness you've faced, the faith you've lost - it's all possible.  I've only recently learned this, you see, but atleast I've got that knowledge now.  I hope everyone who reads this has a fantasic week, as ours will be, and hopefully the chase will be on tomorrow as Oklahoma City is on the map for some severe weather.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment