Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Journey Well Traveled

It's been over a year since I've posted a blog.  A lot has happened, most things unexpected, and some anticipated.  My dream of moving to Oklahoma, chasing the world's most severe weather, and getting accepted into The University of Oklahoma have all come true.  My last blog was about my fear to move 1,200 miles from my hometown, and today my blog is about the triumph of overcoming that fear.  Dreams and ambitions are a powerful thing, and they can lead you to the edges of the Earth.  I am a living and breathing example of rising from the ashes of addiction, and pursuing and creating a long awaited dream.  I haven't been an angel this last year and a half, in fact, it's been the contrary.  I've relapsed, dropped out of a semester of community college, been eaten alive my debt, and so on.  Life isn't a fairy tale and I can't tell you everything has gone as I planned.  Reality can be cruel, but without hesitation I can admit that reality can be wondrous and exciting.  The world has not seen the last of Victoria Backle and MCOM United Storm Chasers.  Today, my ideas of where MCOM will go and what we will do are overwhelmingly vast.  I plan to change the world with this simple organization, helping those all around the globe recover from natural disasters.  I hope and pray that one day my words will be an inspiration to a people.  One day, I believe MCOM will convene as individual groups internationally to help rebuild a town, a county, a state, and a nation.  Please visit this blog often to stay updated on what MCOM is doing.  You can also "chase" us on facebook or twitter!  Happy Holidays everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment